Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Childhood Suicide: Signs, Effects, and Links to Trauma

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Traumatic events are very difficult to deal with, even for adults. Can you imagine how difficult it would be for young children or early adolescents to cope? When something traumatic happens, the shock can reverberate in our thoughts and negatively influence our emotions and perception of life for extended periods of time. It can even lead to suicidal thoughts. Join Tamara Hill, a licensed therapist and certified trauma professional as she discusses the psychological, emotional, physiological, and neurological effects of trauma among young children around the ages of 7-12.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, June 15, 2017 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, School Safety
Tags: childhood suicide, counseling, student safety, suicidal behaviors, suicide prevention, support, therapy, trauma, warning signs

Reviews (7)

I thought the information given was very useful and presented very well. Everyone should listen to this seminar.
Basic Member

The information given was very educational and scary at the same time , because as a parent it makes you look at certain things in a whole new way.

The information was very good and provided practical information to help parents and staff.

Great information I talk about this topic in class with my students and I will be using your information now.

So scary and true. U do not know what the child will go through if u complain anything about the child. Seeing mommy beaten an yelled at., living homeless,separated, a new mom or dad and a baby. At our district if we hear a child say or do anything to hurt himself he goes to the office; parents are called, social is there invade parents want their child to talk to the social services.
+8

Very informative.
Basic Member

I thought it was very good and to the point . There are many signs of depression happening due to traumatic events in their lives and they become suicidal. We need to recognize and reach out to these adolescences that need help.
more reviews ...