Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Streamline Student Collaboration and Communication with Google Apps

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Using Google Apps makes it easy for students to collaborate, communicate, and co-create in a variety of ways. Join Lyn Hilt as she discusses ways in which students and teachers can use the free productivity suite of Google Apps so that they can collaborate from almost anywhere, whether at home or at school. In addition to showing how easy it is to create, share, and edit a document, Lyn will give examples of how students can utilize the features so that you can develop and nurture a collaborative learning environment.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Saturday, October 8, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Google Intermediate
Tags: Collaboration, Communication, data analysis, data collection, Google Docs, Google Drive, teamwork

Reviews (35)

I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable when it comes to using G-Suite. That being said...I still discovered some things that I didn't know. For example, good tip about linking Flippity.net with Google Sheets. I love the idea of using it as an assessment tool where students can take a quiz and then get a certificate of completion! Also, I had no idea that there was a quiz feature in Google Forms.
Definitely worth viewing this webinar.

Thank you for the information!
+10

Great info. Thanks!

Great webinar showing the different tools students can use to collaborate and communicate with their teachers and peers.

Great detailed overview of G Suite. If you have been using Drive, Docs, Slided, Forms, etc., for awhile though, this might be too foundational for your needs.

Thanks for this webinar. This is one that needs to be shared with the educators at the building I am currently at. Utilizing these tools in the classroom with make a GREAT difference in the way our students collaborate and function on a whole. AWESOME!!!

This is a great reminder of the myriad of wonderful tools available on Google. I have used several of them with my students, but am appreciative of new ideas such as creating game shows and interactive activities through sheets, docs, slides, and drawings.

There were many things I am under utilizing
+1

This webinar was full of useful information. I use Google Drive/Classroom with my students a lot, but I learned about new activities here that I can't wait to try. I am especially interested in flippity. Great resource!
+2

Awesome resource!
more reviews ...