Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Top 10 Apps for Children with Autism

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Mobile devices and apps often work well to engage students in the autism spectrum, but with so many apps on the market, it can be difficult to find just the right app for your child or student. Join Hillary Goldthwait-Fowles, PhD, as she shares her top 10 apps to help improve learning, behavioral, social, daily living, and communication outcomes for children with Autism. In addition, Hillary will share tips and examples for using these in your classroom.

Details

Subject: Special Education
Last aired on: Monday, June 13, 2016 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: iPads, Learning Theories & Strategies, Mobile Learning Intermediate , Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: ASD, autism, autism spectrum, behavior, communication, mobile apps, social

Reviews (23)

Excellent webinar!
+8

Very informative!

Excellent webinar. I recently heard about Zones of Regulation and will explore the app you mentioned. Thank you!

Great overview of the apps. I would love to see a more in-depth look at the apps. Perhaps take two at a time and devote a full 15 minutes with each app to better explain the settings and provide more in-depth tutorials.
+2

I like this presentation.

Great presentation! Special apps like these are important for every teacher to know, in order to help EVERY student. Thank you.

Helpful tips about the best apps to engage autistic students.

Thank you, it was very interesting and helpful.

Thank you !

Very interesting! I really liked that you demonstrated the apps you presented instead of just quickly listing and summarizing.
more reviews ...