Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Flipping Your Classroom: It's Easy with Khan Academy

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you ever wished that you had more time for hands-on work, collaborative projects, or labs during class? Perhaps you have heard about the Flipped Classroom concept, but weren't really sure what it is or if it could work in your classroom. In this webinar, you will learn not only what a flipped classroom is, but also how it can support Response to Intervention (RTI) Tier 2 and Tier 3 intervention strategies. Join Nikki Robertson as she shows how it fits within the Rigor/Relevance framework. As an example of what can be done, she will explore the Khan Academy and show ways in which their pre-made materials can be used in your Flipped Classroom. Lastly, she will share ways you or your students can produce customized Flipped Classroom materials from your own classroom.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Saturday, October 3, 2015 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Differentiated Learning, Learning Theories & Strategies, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: Blended learning, Day of Learning, Differentiated Learning, flip, flipped classroom, Instructional Theories and Learning Strategies, Khan Academy, resources, response to intervention, Response to Intervention (RTI), RTI, study, videos, Virtual Learning

Reviews (50)

+2

Great info. I also love using CK12.org

Great information. I plan on checking out Khan.
+9

I love this way of thinking about learning. What a fabulous snow days story!
+8

I had no idea K. A. could do all that for free. Thanks great presentation.
+3

What a great presenter! This presentation was packed full of information with great examples!
Basic Member

This was very informative on the aspects of using Khan Academy in the classroom. Thank you so much for sharing.

Nikki: Great ideas even if you are not a Math teacher! Thanks!
+7

Checked out Khan Academy after the webinar and it has a lot of excellent courses in addition to its math offerings.

Though I don't teach math, this webinar had many interesting and motivating ideas about how to empower students.
Basic Member

Thanks to Nikki's presentation, I will give Khan Academy another look. Some of the math videos I have previously viewed on Khan Academy seem a bit dry to capture 5th graders' attention, but the ability to track their progress tempts me to give it another try.
more reviews ...