Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

PBIS and Growth Mindset

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+2
6 months ago
Hello,

My principal has made plans to make our school a PBIS school. From what little I have read, it seems that it can easily be tied to Growth Mindset. Does your school utilize both PBIS and Growth Mindset? If so, how has it worked for your school?

Thanks!
6 months ago
Hello,

Ours schools are under the PBIS Model. I don't have hands on experience but our counselors seem to really enjoy coming up ideas to make this model a success.
Basic Member
6 months ago
This year was our first year to use the PBIS model. It has changed our school but everyone has to be on board. You need to find a way for everyone in your building to teach all the rules the same way. Then to have them posted all over the school. Also the kids need to have at least a month reward for being able to do the new model correctly not a nine weeks reward.

Big key everyone must be informed and on the same page or it will not work. We called it the Wild Cat Way
+5
6 months ago
Quote from Cxlewis1
This year was our first year to use the PBIS model. It has changed our school but everyone has to be on board. You need to find a way for everyone in your building to teach all the rules the same way. Then to have them posted all over the school. Also the kids need to have at least a month reward for being able to do the new model correctly not a nine weeks reward.

Big key everyone must be informed and on the same page or it will not work. We called it the Wild Cat Way

I agree that everyone needs to be on the same page for this to be successful. I have seen a few schools try and implement this and it has fallen to the wayside for only a few individuals and students buy in. Sad but true with many great ideas these days. Really do your research and promote well from all avenues.
+2
6 months ago
My school is a K-8 school, and we use PBIS. Unfortunately, not everyone uses it. Also, our middle schoolers feel like the rewards are too babyish, so it's not effective with them.
Basic Member
6 months ago
My school is a K-8 school as well. I feel the same way about our school. They are changing some things this coming year to try to include more rewards for our middle school.
+1
6 months ago
We have the same problem with everyone being on board. those of us who ent to the trainings find it absolutely wonderful but the ones we trined some could take it or leave it.
3 days ago
My school uses PBIS they have weekly raffles for "piner gear" and rewards for attendance. Teachers give raffles when students are "caught being good.." it is nice to have what to give students when you want to acknowledge their effort or work...

I'm in high school and I think it's working nicely.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last