Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Certificates

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
2 years ago
Anyone else have trouble with your state not accepting printed certificates to use towards your Professional Certificate Renewal? Michigan Dept of Ed tells me the person putting on the professional development has to enter the info and SimpleK12 tells me they don't do that....so now I'm out my credits and money :(
+3
2 years ago
Quote from Beth O
Anyone else have trouble with your state not accepting printed certificates to use towards your Professional Certificate Renewal? Michigan Dept of Ed tells me the person putting on the professional development has to enter the info and SimpleK12 tells me they don't do that....so now I'm out my credits and money :(

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. I'm in Illinois and we enter our PD directly into the State Board of Ed website. We don't send any certificates. We are told to save such items in case of an audit. I don't have to renew until 2022, so I'm good, but I save all that stuff just in case.

I'm sure someone here will be able to help. You can't possibly be the first Michigan teacher to run in to this issue. My fingers are crossed for you!!
+2
2 years ago
Quote from Beth O

I am sincerely sorry about your situation.
Basic Member
+4
2 years ago
I haven't had this exact issue, but I know I have to submit my certificates to my school district first. Then they give me a transcript that is accepted at the state level.
+2
2 years ago
Just like you, Apstechgoddess, I have to submit all my certificates, document all that information onto a special sheet. The district sends me a transcript & then I send that to the state. This past summer I had to do all that paperwork. It took the district 3 months to do because they are SO busy! Eventually I got my new license which is good until 2022!!!!!
+2
2 years ago
Congratulations on the good news.
+8
1 year ago
Quote from Arlene Talbert
Just like you, Apstechgoddess, I have to submit all my certificates, document all that information onto a special sheet. The district sends me a transcript & then I send that to the state. This past summer I had to do all that paperwork. It took the district 3 months to do because they are SO busy! Eventually I got my new license which is good until 2022!!!!!

Arlene, I am glad that you were able to make it. I hope to see you back.
+2
1 year ago
Quote from Arlene Talbert

Congratulations on getting your new license.
10 months ago
Oh this cannot be. Did anything ever come of this? I won't be keeping my membership if we can't use it to renew.
10 months ago
I'm from PA and found out through an experience last summer that school administrators sometimes need to be the approval-givers/loggers for the hours earned in PDs that do not report the hours themselves...
First
Page 1 of 2
Last