Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Required Professional Development?

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
2 years ago
Do you think that states should require professional development, and possibly create policies regarding the type and quality of professional development required and provided?
+10
2 years ago
Quote from megmcleroy
Do you think that states should require professional development, and possibly create policies regarding the type and quality of professional development required and provided?

Good query. Is professional development a part of all educational systems?
Basic Member
2 weeks ago
Yes it is required to develop from professional development because most of the developers can meet the standards with Software Development Services Dubai , so it would be developed from professionals

Last updated: 2 weeks ago

2 weeks ago
With technology changing our world at lighting speed, it is vital for educators to keep learning. All too often, we tend to "rest" on what we know when PD is not required. So, I believe it is the responsibility of each school district to require a minimum number of PD hours for certified teachers. However, having the state dept. of ed. set a required minimum for PD also works. AND YES - the quality of those PD hours should be standardized.

Last updated: 2 weeks ago

+2
2 weeks ago
I think professional development should be about your subject, not about irrelevant stuff! I've been in schools/districts where that has happened.....??
+10
2 weeks ago
Quote from Arlene Talbert
I think professional development should be about your subject, not about irrelevant stuff! I've been in schools/districts where that has happened.....??

I agree, with the addition of relevant non-specific content stuff that are relevant to everyone - like special education (even if you're not a special education teacher).

I also think it's really important in some cases to explain to teachers why the info is relevant. Example - One teacher candidate wrote on an evaluation that the PD on strategies for teaching English Language Learners wasn't relevant because she could just put them on Rosetta Stone. It would have been good for the PD provider to explain why those strategies are relevant to all teachers (here in central/south Texas, anyway).

:-)
9 days ago
Our school requires us to have so many hours a year in PDOS, but yes I do believe that we can't never stop learning from eachother! Teacher need to want to learn more and be encouraged to share what they have learned !
First
Page 1 of 1
Last