Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

1:1 iPads in the Elementary Classroom

First
Page 1 of 6
Last
Basic Member
2 years ago
Each of my 2nd grade students has an iPad.  Does anyone have a really great idea on how to use them?  I already use them in stations, to read books on, regular learning apps, and have also used nearpod.  Any other neat ideas?
2 years ago
I have 1 to 1 iPads with my 4th grade class and I have some flashcard apps I use.  One is called Flashcards by Brainscape.   It let's you make flashcards with words and even attach pictures to them.  The other one is called Flashcards and it is by NCO Ventures.  This one will let you play different kinds of games based on the flashcards you have.  Hope this helps.
2 years ago
Those are good but I prefer quizlet.  It allows students to use the flash card option but also has a learn mode and games for the students to play. I am able to create a classroom populated with my students and track their use of the content.
+8
2 years ago
[url=https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puppet-pals-hd/id342076546?mt=8]Puppet pals[/url]

[url=https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puppet-pals-hd/id342076546?mt=8]Apps & Blooms[/url]

You could use the app, Puppet Pals, to have them create book reports or stories.
+8
2 years ago
This sounds like a great resource. Thanks.
+8
2 years ago
You may want to consider this also. I just contacted Arcademic Skillbuilders because I saw on a post on Simple K12 that they offer pilot programs. I contacted him last week and he set me up a pilot to run from now until May with my students. It allows you to assign them a login, password and also homework assignments in math or reading. You can get in and print off data. I have used the free version for years and have loved it. 

You may want to request a free pilot and use your iPads for assignments. I posted a picture of my son testing the math assignments last night for me.  This is a great tool to differentiate work.
Basic Member
2 years ago
You might want to try the ShowMe app.  It allows the kids to create simple tutorials.  They can show their work in math, for example, and explain their thinking by recording their explanation.  Additionally, they can just record themselves reading and then listen to themselves.  One note: if you use the free version, the work will only be available for listening and viewing on their iPad.
+10
2 years ago
I love all of the ideas. Thank you for sharing everyone.
Basic Member
+6
2 years ago
Kahoot or other online quiz sites allows you to simplify assignments and check for review.  Also, Educreations mirrored using Apple TV is great so any child can project the screen from the ipad.  Makes every ipad act as the class whiteboard.  One child this week talked about how he felt better about projecting his work than standing up in front of the class on the whiteboard.
Basic Member
+3
2 years ago
My kindergarten students will soon be receiving iPads for the classroom.  Does anyone have or use specific applications that target early literacy and math instruction?
First
Page 1 of 6
Last