Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Staying Organized

First
Page 1 of 5
Last
Basic Member
3 years ago
Ok, fellow teachers. What are your best, easiest, fastest ways to stay (stay being the key word!) organized? I have no trouble getting organized but keeping it that way is another story!
+7
3 years ago
Hi!

I really laughed at your last sentence!!! It's too funny and I do agree with it!! It's very difficult to stay organized!

As I'm still getting used to technological tools, I still use "old fashioned" binders, boxes and notepads!

My organization lasts only 5 minutes... the ones from the moment I finish organizing and cleaning till the time I take a pencil to write something!!

Smiles, Maria :)
+8
3 years ago
I struggle with this as well! (and I laughed too Maria)

I am a huge list maker and love using lists, that is one way I like to keep track of what I need to do. Wunderlist allows you to make virtual lists that are stored in the cloud. This has really helped me keep track of my lists and save some time. I just add or delete as necessary, I don't have to start from scratch like with a physical list.

I have learned a lot from this toolkit, lots of webinars in here on free tools to use for staying organized. I think the key is trying a couple different things and finding what works for you! Good luck :)

Reduce Clutter and Get Organized - Time-Saving Toolkit Vol. 1

http://community.simplek12.com/scripts/student/courses/?id=1002494

Last updated: 3 years ago

Basic Member
3 years ago
Thanks, Kimberly, for that link. I added it to my favorites so I can go back to it when I have some time. Everything looked awesome though!
Basic Member
+10
3 years ago
Quote from Allison Carney
Thanks, Kimberly, for that link. I added it to my favorites so I can go back to it when I have some time. Everything looked awesome though!

Interesting replies, everyone! I use both digital and hard copies of some things. As we all know, you must always have a "Plan B!"
Basic Member
3 years ago
Quote from Kimberly_SK12

I am a huge list maker and love using lists, that is one way I like to keep track of what I need to do. Wunderlist allows you to make virtual lists that are stored in the cloud. This has really helped me keep track of my lists and save some time. I just add or delete as necessary, I don't have to start from scratch like with a physical list.

I have learned a lot from this toolkit, lots of webinars in here on free tools to use for staying organized. I think the key is trying a couple different things and finding what works for you! Good luck :)

Hi,

I was just wondering if Wunderlist had an iphone app?

Basic Member
3 years ago
I'm new to posting, so I hope I'm doing this right. Anyway, I was wondering if y'all knew of any good iPhone apps. to help with organizations? Does Wunderlist have one? I've been using the Notes function that comes on the iPhone, but I'm thinking I might need something with more options.
+7
3 years ago
Quote from Kallie G.
Quote from Kimberly_SK12

Hi,

I was just wondering if Wunderlist had an iphone app?

Thanks for mentioning!! I'm glad I made you laugh and I'm happier your found that toolkit useful! I'm exploring all of the others!!! Smiles, Maria :)

Basic Member
3 years ago
There are probably as many ways to stay organized as there are people!

I like to be lazy, so I have found that the best way is to be organized. I try to do three things to be organized:

1. Spend 5-10 minutes at the start of the day to make sure everything is ready for the day.

2. Take care of those things that I can right away. For example, I write a lot of IEPs for my students, when I get a teacher report in an email I immediately put it in the report and get the email out of my inbox. Clearing my inbox is a huge problem.

3. I like to spend 5-10 minutes at the end of the day making sure everything is organized for the next dayclearing up things and the like.

There is nothing better than going home at the end of the day and knowing that everything is pretty much ready for the next day.
+10
3 years ago
Quote from Kallie G.
I'm new to posting, so I hope I'm doing this right. Anyway, I was wondering if y'all knew of any good iPhone apps. to help with organizations? Does Wunderlist have one? I've been using the Notes function that comes on the iPhone, but I'm thinking I might need something with more options.

Yes Wunderlist has an app, also evernote helps me stay organized and get my stuff from multiple devices like home computer, school computer, iPad and such...

First
Page 1 of 5
Last