Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

iPads for Teachers Toolkit - Vol. 1, 2012-2013 Retired

So you got an iPad... now what? Learn now!

This is the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to learn how to use your iPad and the best uses in education.

So you got an iPad... now what?

You were excited to get iPads to use in your classroom... of course!

They are the #1 hottest teaching tool today.

But learning how to integrate new technology into the classroom can be intimidating ...and a little scary. Sometimes, not knowing where to begin or how to get started is the hardest part.

Thats where we come in.

SimpleK12s iPad Toolkit will help you develop the skills and confidence you need to incorporate iPads into everyday classroom instruction. You'll have so much fun learning how to create engaging, 21st century learning experiences for all of your students it won't seem overwhelming at all.

You will learn how to use your iPad, the best FREE education apps out there, and other top strategies used by teachers around the world to engage their students with iPads in the classroom.

1,000's of teachers around the world rely on SimpleK12's iPad Training!

But don't just take our word for it ...

Hear from thousands of educators who already rely on SimpleK12's iPad Training Toolkit:

"Very valuable information for those of us new to using iPads with students or just usingiPads!" -Margaret Gillham

"I loved how you highlighted [the Apps]. I am a parent of 2 special needs elementary children...always in search of new ways to reach my boys. We just recently were given IPads for theboys and I can see what a huge tool they can be." -Margo King

"I am constantly trying to find Apps to use in the classroom. This was a great addition to thosethat I have." -Sandra Byrd

"I loved the simplicity of someone telling about the different sites that I could go to foradvancing into the world of technology in the classroom. I did not have to look them up. Thisis a great way for a newbie like me to get started." -Deborah Myers

"The presenter was very articulate and covered the basic information for the APPS. I can thendownload them and investigate the Apps that are relevant to me." -Cindy Schmidt

"Very informative. Gave some good ideas of how to incorporate my iPad in an educationalsetting! Great job!" -Taryn Stowell

"Seeing some new free apps that I did not know about yet. It is virtually impossible to findeverything on iTunes Search now so this is a great time saver!" -Jamie Munro

Subject: SimpleK12 Assignments
Categories: Bundles & Toolkits, Mobile Learning

• iPads for Teachers Toolkit - Vol. 1, 2012-2013 Retired
20 Free iPad Apps Educators Can't Live Without!
There are thousands of free iPad Apps out there, but finding the perfect ones for you can be tough.more...
Beyond Pen and Paper: Online Notetaking with Tablets
As educators, we frequently stress to our students the importance of taking good notes, and there are often times when we need to take good notes as well.more...
Connecting and Collaborating with VoiceThread and Your iPad
Have you ever wanted to begin a collaborative project or share information, but didn't want to be stuck in a single medium.more...
Digital Storytelling with the iPad
We have all experienced the magic of reading or hearing a compelling story.more...
Digitize and Streamline Classroom Paperwork using Your iPad
Do you feel as though you are buried under paperwork?more...
Easily Create Detailed Classroom Observations with iPad Apps
Many educators have found themselves increasingly tasked with providing detailed observations and assessments of student behavior and work.more...
Giving Students a Voice with Micro-podcasting
21st century life demands that students develop a broad range of communication skills.more...
Using iPad Screencasting to Facilitate Deeper Learning
Have you ever heard, "The best way to learn anything is to teach it to someone else"?more...
Use Your iPad to Share Resources, Collaborate, and Eliminate Paperwork
Like many educators, do you have lots of great resources you'd like to share with your colleagues or students, but aren't sure of the best way to go about it?more...
Using Quizzes and Games in the iPad Classroom
Create fun, impromptu classroom quizzes and games that engage students and provide instant feedback.more...
Using Your iPad to Break Free: Don't Be Chained to Your Desktop Computer
Do you have an Interactive Whiteboard (IWB), but hate being stuck behind your computer?more...
You Just Got an iPad: Now What?
You have a new iPad, now what?more...
BONUS Materials: iPads for Teachers
Free bonus material!more... Get these extra free goodies with your iPad Toolkit for Teachers. 

Reviews (23)

Basic Member
Lots of good information butI would have liked to see more information for beginning iPad users.
Good information for anyone starting out with an iPad in the classroom.
Basic Member
Lots of great ideas of how to use VoiceThread, but I think it should be updated since the posterous link is no longer active.
I am excited to try out some of the apps you presented! I am also excited that I already have some!
Basic Member
Found some new apps!! Want to check them out!!
Basic Member
Use several of these apps already. Very useful.
Found many uses for apps that were presented.
Great intro to iPad capabilities and apps.
Basic Member
There is a lot of information here for educators who are beginning to use an iPad. I definitely suggest watching it, however, I would have liked to have seen more on beginning basics with an iPad as a techno leftover from the late80's and early 90's. In this regard I found the final webinar most helpful.
Basic Member
These have been very helpful. I like the thoroughness of the instructors, resources available,and clear directives to find the suggested material
more reviews ...