Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Blogs

$97
Buy Now

Overview

This contains courses and lessons dealing with integrating blogs in the classroom.

Details

Subject: Integrating Technology in the Classroom with Web 2.0 Tools
Categories: Blogging

Contents

• Blogs
COURSE - Introducing Blogs
This course provides an overview of what blogs are and their benefits in classroom instruction.more... It discusses vocabulary you'll need to know, safety and security issues surrounding the use of blogs in the education environment, and popular blog hosts and features. It also gives some tips on how to successfully incorporate blogs in your lesson plans. 
COURSE - Integrating Blogs in the Classroom
This course explores the use of blogs in classrooms.more... It provides real-world examples for teachers to use in their efforts to incorporate blogging. It discusses collaborative assignments, journaling daily classroom activities, engaging parents, and preparing substitutes remotely. It also covers specific examples of blog uses geared toward teachers of elementary students, as well as those in secondary education subjects, such as English, math, science, social studies, and fine arts. 
COURSE - Creating Blogs
This course covers the basics for creating and sharing blogs.more... It discusses how to select a good blog host, and lists tips and tricks to blogging effectively. It also goes over common steps for setting up a classroom blog site and creating a blog, as well as explores ways to share and retrieve blog updates through RSS feeds. 
COURSE - Using WordPress
This course is designed to provide an introduction to WordPress and teach some basic skills to help educators use WordPress as a classroom tool.more... It looks at some features of WordPress, such as themes, storage, and privacy settings. It discusses how to set up a blog and publish posts that can be shared with students, parents, and colleagues. It also covers how to customize your blog by adding widgets that can be used to enhance the information displayed. This course also teaches how to add authors and control the blog’s content to provide a secure and safe communication environment. 
COURSE - Using Blogger
This course introduces Blogger and teaches some basic skills to help educators use Blogger as a classroom tool.more... It discusses how to set up a blog and publish posts that can be shared with students, parents, and colleagues. It covers how to navigate Blogger and how to customize your blog by rearranging page elements. This course also teaches how to control the blog’s content to provide a secure and safe communication environment. 
COURSE - Using Twitter
This course is designed to provide an introduction to Twitter and teach some basic skills to help educators use Twitter as a classroom tool.more... It looks at some features of Twitter, such as profiles and privacy settings. It discusses how to set up an account and publish posts that can be shared with students, parents, and colleagues. It also covers how to customize Twitter by adding widgets. This course also shows how to add and manage followers and how to repost others’ tweets. 

Reviews (8)

+1

Interesting info.
+1

The information presented may be very useful to introduce parents and students to upcoming events.
+1

I never knew about Wordpress until taking this course.
+1

I didn't know a whole lot about blogs before taking this course. Now I feel that I have a much better understanding of it. This is a very useful tool.
+8

Lots of great blogging information.
+8

The very basics for beginners.
+8

This was a great way to familiarize myself with blogging basics and to get ideas on how to use it in my classroom. I would break this up more though - elementary primary, elementary intermediate, middle school, and high school.
Basic Member

I learned some new information. Thank you
more reviews ...