Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Buy Now

This contains courses and lessons dealing with integrating podcasts in the classroom.

Subject: Integrating Technology in the Classroom with Web 2.0 Tools
Categories: Podcasting

• Podcasts
COURSE - Introducing Podcasts
This course provides an overview of what podcasts are and their benefits in classroom instruction.more... It discusses vocabulary you'll need to know, safety and security issues surrounding the use of podcasts in the education environment, and the types of podcasts you'll encounter. It also gives some tips on how to successfully incorporate podcasts in your lesson plans. 
COURSE - Integrating Podcasts in the Classroom
This course explores the use of podcasts in classrooms.more... It provides real-world examples for teachers to use in their efforts to incorporate podcasting. It discusses collaborative assignments, reaching absent students through podcasts, engaging parents, and preparing substitutes remotely. It also covers specific examples of podcast uses geared toward teachers of elementary students, as well as those in secondary education subjects, such as English, math, science, social studies, and fine arts. 
COURSE - Creating Podcasts
This course covers the basics for creating and sharing podcasts.more... It lists tips and tricks to aid you in your initial creation of both podcasts and vodcasts, common steps for creating them, and what you need to know to successfully post your finished podcast. It also explores ways to share and retrieve podcasts through RSS feeds. Lastly, you'll learn some places to find podcasting resource materials. 
COURSE - Using Audacity
This course introduces Audacity, which is free, open-source audio recording and editing software.more... This course explores how to use Audacity to record live audio, add multiple tracks to an audio file, add effects, edit audio tracks, and export an Audacity project to a WAV file. It also covers MP3s and discusses what is needed to create MP3s from audio files. 

Reviews (2)

Basic Member
This course gave me the information and tools to start using podcasts with my music students. Thanks, Simple K-12!
Basic Member
I enjoyed this lesson!
more reviews ...