Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

COURSE - Examining Resources For Both Teachers And Students

$97
Buy Now

Overview

This course explores various technological resources that can be used by teachers and students. Resources covered include GPSs; video clips; handheld devices like PDAs and tablet PCs; audio-visual resources; and digital cameras. The course also examines what telecollaborative projects are and how they can be used in and benefit a class.

Details

Subject: Integrating Technology In The Classroom
Categories:
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1

Contents

• COURSE - Examining Resources For Both Teachers And Students
Introduction - Examining Resources For Both Teachers And Students
Contains a course description and a brief overview of the objectives covered in this course.more... 
Incorporate A GPS Into Your Curriculum
Discusses using a GPS unit in conjunction with typical curriculum.more...
Shows how to create a treasure hunt using a GPS unit.
Looks at how students can integrate a GPS unit into their work. 
Play Video Clips
Introduces Windows Media Player.more...
Explains that Windows Media Player can be used to view DVDs and digital video files, play audio files and CDs, and copy audio files to CD.
Demonstrates how easy it is to view a video clip on a computer with Windows Media Player installed. 
Examine Audio-visual Technologies
Explores the use of audio and visual devices in classroom teaching.more...
Examines various types of audio devices and how they might be used.
Discusses some visual aids and how they could be used to enhance instruction. 
Understand Handhelds
Explains what a handheld device is.more...
Explores the uses for handheld devices for teachers and students.
Discusses various types of handhelds, such as tablet PCs, word processors, and PDAs. 
Explore Digital Camera Use
Discovers the many ways in which a digital camera can be used in the classroom.more...
Discusses the advantages of digital cameras.
Reveals the ways to copy pictures taken with a digital camera. 
Understand Telecollaborative Projects
Discusses telecollaborative projects.more...
Talks about how these projects allow for communication and collaboration with other students, experts, and others through the Internet.
Suggests ways in which such projects can be used in and benefit a class. 
Workbook - Examining Resources For Both Teachers And Students
Contains a printable workbook that includes a list of the lesson names and objectives covered in this course; a variety of real-life examples showing how the ideas and concepts discussed in this course could be used in a classroom, either as teaching tools or administrative aids; and exercises that provide additional practice and reinforcement of the skills and concepts covered in the course.more... 
Quiz - Examining Resources For Both Teachers And Students
Assesses the user's knowledge of the concepts covered in the Examining Resources For Both Teachers And Students course.more... 
Feedback - Examining Resources For Both Teachers And Students
This survey contains six brief questions pertaining to your educational role and computer experience, as well as to how you would rate your knowledge of this subject before and after this course.more... 

Reviews (9)

+6

If you're having a technical problem, please see the Help tab (upper right of the toolbar) for FAQs and also the ability to put in a support ticket. We'll be happy to help you! Thank you.
Basic Member

OK.
Basic Member

In some ways the information was too vague and yet in others there was too much detail that I will not remember by the time I need it.
Basic Member

I'm done...I find this whole experience choking...I refuse to go on for I will surely die...I have life to attend to...

PS this particular course might have been a good one...it just wouldn't let me finish!!! KMG
Basic Member

good!
Basic Member

GOOD!!!!!
Basic Member

Good
Basic Member

Lesson very helpful.
Basic Member

ok
more reviews ...