Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

COURSE - Using Word Processing Applications To Create Web Pages

$97
Buy Now

Overview

This course discusses ways in which Web sites can be used to communicate with students, parents, and others, and it examines several issues involved in designing and using a class Web site. The course shows how to use Microsoft Office Word to create and edit Web pages and how to use hyperlinks to link the pages to create a Web site. The basics of good Web design are discussed, and elements such as photographs and other graphics are used to enhance the pages. The Microsoft Word Web tools for previewing and saving Word documents as Web pages are examined. In addition, several sources for learning how to use Web sites in the classroom are presented.

Details

Subject: Integrating Technology In The Classroom
Categories:
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1

Contents

• COURSE - Using Word Processing Applications To Create Web Pages
Introduction - Using Word Processing Applications To Create Web Pages
Contains a course description and a brief overview of the objectives covered in this course.more... 
Why Create A Web Page?
Explains why you might want to create a class Web site.more...
Lists some of the items you might include in a class Web site.
Discusses how to use a class Web site.
Examines the issues involved in designing a class Web site. 
Insert Photos
Discusses how to use photos and other graphics to enhance Web pages.more...
Shows how to insert photographs into Web pages. 
Insert Links To Other Web Sites
Discusses hyperlinks and why they should be used.more...
Teaches how to create hyperlinks pointing to other Web pages. 
Add E-mail Links
Points out that including e-mail links in Web pages can be very useful.more...
Walks through adding an e-mail link.
Explains different ways to add e-mail links. 
Preview Web Pages
Explores when you might want to use Print Layout view and when to use Web Layout view.more...
Discusses the difference between Web Layout view and Web Page Preview.
Covers why you should preview your Web pages.
Previews how a document will look as a Web page. 
Save Documents As Web Pages
Explains how Word documents can be saved as Web pages.more...
Steps through the process of saving documents as Web pages. 
Workbook - Using Word Processing Applications To Create Web Pages
Contains a printable workbook that includes a list of the lesson names and objectives covered in this course; a variety of real-life examples showing how the ideas and concepts discussed in this course could be used in a classroom, either as teaching tools or administrative aids; and exercises that provide additional practice and reinforcement of the skills and concepts covered in the course.more... 
Quiz - Using Word Processing Applications To Create Web Pages
Assesses the user's knowledge of the concepts covered in the Using Word Processing Applications To Create Web Pages course.more... 
Feedback - Using Word Processing Applications To Create Web Pages
This survey contains six brief questions pertaining to your educational role and computer experience, as well as to how you would rate your knowledge of this subject before and after this course.more...

Reviews (2)

Basic Member

I am totally frustrated with the quizes!!!! They don't show correct options in the viewing boxes that need selecting. Also, I will select answers that the computer has shown as correct and it will state that I have chosen incorrect answers thereby lowering my score. AHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
+5

I love the overview and examples page very useful.
more reviews ...