Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

COURSE - Using Educational Resources On The Web

$97
Buy Now

Overview

This course looks at using educational Web resources. Specifically, it discusses available types of technology that users may be less familiar with, such as Webinars, chat rooms, blogs, and discussion boards. When teachers are not sure where to go for educational research, the course suggests and examines using education portals, which have already been evaluated by educators. For those who want to evaluate educational Web sites on their own, the course points out resources to assist them. It suggests ways to differentiate between good and bad Web resources and specifically discusses how rubrics are useful for this purpose. Lastly, the course covers signs that plagiarism has occurred and provides suggestions for preventing plagiarism.

Details

Subject: Integrating Technology In The Classroom
Categories:
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1

Contents

• COURSE - Using Educational Resources On The Web
Introduction - Using Educational Resources On The Web
Contains a course description and a brief overview of the objectives covered in this course.more... 
Look At Available Types Of Technology
Lists the technologies available for classroom use that educators may already be familiar with.more...
Goes over other types of available technology, such as chat rooms, discussion boards, and digital whiteboards, among others. 
Explore Online Education Portals
Examines education portals, which are educational resources found on the Web.more...
Encourages teachers to use these as starting points for educational research, as these sites have been evaluated for quality and appropriateness. 
Identify Technology Evaluation Resources
Points out that with the abundance of educational resources it can be difficult to determine which are the most useful.more...
Recommends various sources for evaluating available educational resources. 
Learn How To Evaluate Educational Web Resources
Offers ways to discriminate between good and bad online educational resources.more...
Discusses rubrics and provides examples of some that help evaluate Web resources. 
Detect And Prevent Plagiarism
Aids teachers in their efforts to prevent plagiarism by pointing out services that help detect plagiarism.more...
Offers suggestions for preventing plagiarism. 
Workbook - Using Educational Resources On The Web
Contains a printable workbook that includes a list of the lesson names and objectives covered in this course; a variety of real-life examples showing how the ideas and concepts discussed in this course could be used in a classroom, either as teaching tools or administrative aids; and exercises that provide additional practice and reinforcement of the skills and concepts covered in the course.more... 
Quiz - Using Educational Resources On The Web
Assesses the user's knowledge of the concepts covered in the Using Educational Resources On The Web course.more... 
Feedback - Using Educational Resources On The Web
This survey contains six brief questions pertaining to your educational role and computer experience, as well as to how you would rate your knowledge of this subject before and after this course.more...

Reviews (9)

+8

Pretty good stuff here.
+6

If you're having a technical problem, please see the Help tab (upper right of the toolbar) for FAQs and also the ability to put in a support ticket. We'll be happy to help you! Thank you.
Basic Member

Helpful as far as giving me ideas to help students rate websites. A bit more geared to secondary schools regarding plagiarism. I still have questions about how I find out if my primary students have copied book reviews and information from websites.
Basic Member

I thought it was fairly helpful. Most of the information on plagiarism, I knew beforehand but the information on rating the websites was helpful. I think I may have my students rate a few educational websites.
+5

Good information. For those who can't see the questions or all the screen.... Your monitor resolution should be set at a higher resolution. Then you'll be able to see everything.
Basic Member

Not bad! The section on evaluating web-based resources was particularly good.
Basic Member

GOOD!!
Basic Member

Fair
Basic Member

ok
more reviews ...