Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Getting Started with Chromebooks

$127
Buy Now

Overview

What are Chromebooks, and how do they differ from a regular laptop? Discover what it takes to get up and running with Chromebooks in the classroom, including strategies for device management, student engagement, assessment, and advice on instructional approaches.

Details

Subject: Google Chromebooks
Categories: Google Chromebooks

Contents

• Getting Started with Chromebooks
Chromebooks 101: An Intro to Using Chromebooks in the Classroom
Have you heard the buzz about Chromebooks and wondered what all of the fuss was about?more...
Top 10 Tips for Using Chromebooks in the Classroom
Do you think you are using your Chomebooks to their fullest potential?more...
Managing the Apps, Books, and Extensions on School-issued Chromebooks or Android Tablets
If your school or district is using or considering using school-issued Chromebooks or Android tablets to enhance instruction and student learning, how can you be sure that the students are seeing and using the best apps for them?more...
Help Students Take Ownership, Create, Share, and Reflect with Chromebooks and Chrome Apps
Whenever students create digital projects with mobile devices, the final products from each student have the potential to vary wildly and be uniquely representative of that student's knowledge.more...
Around The World in Eighty Days: Virtual Field Trips on Your Chromebook
Field trips can be a fantastic learning experience for students.more...
Create Engaging Formative Assessments for Chromebooks
Would you like fun, creative, and easy ways to collect data, check for student understanding during instruction, and make instant adjustments to that instruction based on student feedback?more...
Chromebooks versus iPads: What's Best for Your School or Classroom Needs?
Are you considering using mobile technologies in your district, school, or classroom, but aren't sure whether to go with Chromebooks or iPads?more...
Transforming Your Instructional Approach within a 1:1 Chromebook Environment
Are you thinking about deploying a 1:1 Google Chromebook initiative in your school or district?more...
Formative Assessment with Chromebooks: Tools to Check for Understanding
How do you know if your students understand what you've taught before, during, and after a lesson?more...
Managing the Cheating Issue
As more and more schools embrace technology, such as Chromebooks and Google apps, it becomes increasingly important for teachers and schools to address the issue of cheating and academic integrity in a variety of ways.more...
Creating Easy, Fun Personalized Learning
Would you like to easily create fun personalized learning for your students?more...
Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices for Integrating Chromebooks and Other Devices
As our schools become increasingly digital, it is important for teachers to have a basic understanding of how to best manage technology in the classroom - and that is certainly true of Chromebooks.more...

Reviews (5)

I am just starting this content but so far, I am loving how everything is broken down clearly and I can go back and re-watch parts I need reinforced!

I think it is excellent. I like that they are step by step, that presenters give their contact information as a resource to go to with questions, and that the presentations are recording so that they are a resource to go back to as well.
+4

Informative! Question-How do I access the links that were presented in webinars. Many presenters show links in webinars, but not sure how I can find them. There have been some resources I wanted to get. Thanks!
+2

Thanks for sharing!
Basic Member

This helps me as my school gets ready to go 1:1 on Chromebooks soon!
more reviews ...