Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

College & Career Readiness: Math

Tools, websites, strategies, and apps to reinforce mathematical concepts and practice.

$77
Buy Now

Overview

Colleges and many employers want applicants who have proficient math skills. Colleges, in particular, want applicants with a minimum math proficiency in Algebra and Geometry. This toolkit contains webinars that explore a variety of tools, websites, and apps that can be used to reinforce and practice algebraic and geometric concepts. They will also explore how to meet Common Core State Standards using blogging and other online digital tools, as well as how to provide real-life relevance and motivation to enhance problem-solving, critical thinking, and collaboration skills. If you use mobile devices, you will also learn about a variety of mobile apps that can be used for middle and high school math intervention and acceleration.

Details

Subject: SimpleK12 Assignments
Categories: Bundles & Toolkits, College & Career Readiness

Contents

• College & Career Readiness: Math
Maximize and Multiply Math Skills with Websites, Web Tools, and Apps
How would you like to maximize, magnify, and multiply your students' math skills?more...
Common Core: Integrating Web 2.0 Technology to Teach Math Standards
The Common Core State Standards for math stress real-life relevance, which creates opportunities for educators to take examples from life to motivate problem solving, critical thinking, effective communication, and collaboration.more...
Rejuvenate Your Algebra Class with Web Tools, Websites, and Apps!
Are you tired of the same old Algebra resources?more...
Shape Up Your Geometry Class with Interactive Web Tools and Apps!
Do your students have difficulty grasping Geometry concepts?more...
Focus and Coherence in Geometric Thinking with the Mathematical Practices
Are you looking for ways to achieve focus and coherence in geometry classes?more...
Ways to Integrate the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practices Using Blogging
The Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice were designed to be integrated into all math instruction across all grade levels.more...
iPad Applications for Middle and High School Math Intervention and Acceleration
Do you have students who are struggling or need acceleration with math?more...
Covering the 4 Cs in Math with Free, Engaging Web Tools
In math, as with any subject, it is important to cover the 4Cs: collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking.more...

Reviews (2)

+7

I didn't have technical issues and found the series to be very helpful. The toolkit could have a few more webinars - maybe some vetted math games that are really good, not just babysitters.
Basic Member
+6

I was able to watch about the first five minutes till the screen when green. The sound continued so I took notes. Some of what was being presented addressed visuals that I'm certain I would have paused to take notes on. Not sure if it's my computer that has the problem or the quality of the webinar. This never happened before.
more reviews ...