Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Classroom Management Toolkit: Dealing with Students

Strategies, tips, and tools to help minimize disruptions and keep students organized and on task.

Buy Now

Minimizing disruptions and keeping your students organized and on task are essential to staying on track and meeting learning objectives, but doing so can be challenging and often frustrating. This toolkit contains webinars that discuss strategies, tips, procedures, and tools to help you meet these challenges and ease your frustrations. Discover ways to avoid time wasters, procedures for maintaining focus, and suggestions for keeping everyone organized. Learn about digital tools you can use to engage students, track and communicate behaviors, and run an efficient classroom. In addition, you will hear about non-violent crisis intervention strategies to prevent a studentís behavior from escalating, as well as how to recognize and respond to disruptive and potentially destructive instances of bullying and cyberbullying.

Subject: SimpleK12 Assignments
Categories: Bundles & Toolkits, Classroom Management

• Classroom Management Toolkit: Dealing with Students
How to Avoid the Top Five Time Wasters in Your Classroom
Do you ever feel like you never get as much done in your class as you had planned to do?more...
Classroom Management: Quick and Simple Fixes
Do you find yourself spending an inordinate amount of time trying to keep your students focused?more...
Manage Your Classroom and Your Students with 21st Century Web Tools
Technology can be an awesome tool to enhance instruction in today's classroom, but have you considered how you might use it as a classroom management tool?more...
Nonviolent Intervention: Preventing a Student's Behavior from Escalating
Have you ever wanted to try and intervene before the meltdown of a student escalated into more destructive behaviors, such as hitting or chair throwing?more...
Improved Engagement and Better Behavior: Just a Few Clicks Away!
You know that certain students typically demonstrate exemplary behavior, while others frequently act out and misbehave, but how can you easily quantify and record this?more...
Are Your Students Organizationally Challenged? The Web Can Help!
Do many of your students struggle to keep their notebooks and backpacks organized?more...
Cyberbullying: Recognizing, Preventing, and Responding to It
While adults often understand the hurt that is typically caused by physical bullying, many of them either underestimate or do not realize the far-reaching and potentially devastating impact that cyberbullying can have on a victim.more...
The Language of Peer Aggression: Recognizing Bullying
Students encounter bullying and aggression in schools on an almost daily basis whether as the aggressor, target, or a bystander.more...
The Language of Peer Aggression: Encouraging Bystanders to take Action
On average, only 15% of students intervene when they see bullying, although research shows that bystanders are successful over 80% of the time and often within the first 10 seconds of intervention.more...
Little Girls Can Be Mean: Strategies for Addressing Bullying by Young Girls
While the physical altercations and bullying by boys is sometimes more visible, mean behavior on the part of girls and their emotional bullying can be just as damaging.more...
Girls Getting Meaner: Strategies for Dealing with Middle and High School Bullying
Adolescence is a time when girls are known for cliques, relational aggression, and social exclusion.more...

Reviews (54)

Very good information.
Great information for saving time!
Great ideas and suggestions for keeping students focused!
I came away with some great aha moments. I especially liked the presenter's suggestions about taking time to "feed yourself" after giving so much all day...finding the time to do something for me to replenish.
Great classroom management ideas and suggestions. I did agree with some and will implement in my classroom.
Excellent information! Thanks!
I loved the first two of these in this series (Darren and Monica's)!! I really needed the tips (even after several years of teaching) that Darren gave. It was similar to Fred Jones trainings but seemed to connect with me and my unique set of issues in my challenging class this year!
Can't wait to learn more!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed the presentations. Lots of good information to think about.
It was a lot of great information
more reviews ...